About Our Firm
Smith, Linden & Basso, LLP is a full service accounting and business consulting firm, which has been operating in Southern California since 1971.
Our entire management team, Allen L. Basso, Scott H. Harada, and Gordon E. Michie have national and international accounting firm backgrounds and bring a wealth of business experience to the assistance of our clients.
As a firm, we constantly seek to distinguish ourselves based on quality of service, responsiveness, depth of knowledge and experience that few firms other than the largest can match. Keeping abreast of changes in the fast-paced Southern California business climate has been a key to our success.
Our management group, as well as our professional staff, has participated not only in the public accounting environment, but also in private industry as investors, owners and employees. The result: a solid business approach to the issues confronting our clients. We have faced and conquered many of the investment and entrepreneurial hazards that you as a business owner deal with every day.
We would like to be an integral part of your business team.
As previously noted, our management and professional staff have broad based business and investment backgrounds. This has allowed us to develop an expertise in "transactional" engagements in addition to the traditional accounting and tax compliance services.
- Compiled, reviewed and audited financial statements
- Individual, partnership, corporate and fiduciary tax returns
- Representation before federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Acquisitions and divestitures of business entities or lines (M&A)
- Business planning and consultation
- Business valuations
- Consultation regarding initial structuring or restructuring of business entities
- Computer software search, implementation & training
- Debt restructuring and consultation services
- Estate and retirement planning
- Forecasts, projections and budgeting
- Internal control reviews
- International taxation and consultation services
- Investment analysis
- Leasing and financing analysis and negotiations
- Litigation support including expert witness testimony
- Protesting real estate property tax values
- Trust accounting